The Microsoft Certified Professional – MCP, one of the most valuable tools of individual certification available in the market, has the objective to develop and certify the technical capabilities related to software.Qualifying highly skilled staff, Microsoft wants to provide its customers with the highest level of technical competence.
The Microsoft Certified Professional identifies structured training pathways, compares individual performance with objective and terms of reference attesting to the actual learning of the concepts given.
The tests and the material for the preparation of candidates are made by Microsoft Education Services, the division of Microsoft that specifically training. Microsoft requires certification – as an indispensable guarantee of quality – at its own personal support and advice, as well as to the staff of its Microsoft Certified Solution Provider.
Microsoft Certified Professional is a program of training and certification of competencies addressed to all specialists working on the Microsoft platform: site developers and complex solutions; professionals who design, implement and support corporate information systems; teachers who are engaged in formal training on Microsoft products.
The Microsoft Certified Professional also certify the quality of technical expertise on the Microsoft platform products and ensuring greater effectiveness of the company’s information system, supports and facilitates the adoption of international standards in organizations more competitive on the market today.
The certification is a working tool for the Systems Engineer, Systems Administrator, Network Administrator, responsible for the technical support, value added resellers, integrators, consultants, instructors, solution developers, creators of complex Web sites, and for all those who want to demonstrate their their technical skills on the latest Microsoft product.
The program also offers Microsoft Certified Professional certifications homogeneous and recognized throughout the world. Following the evolution of new technologies and establishment of new professional figures, Microsoft has recently expanded view of their certification tracks.
THE SEVEN CERTIFICATION PROGRAM MCP
The Microsoft Certified Professional program is divided into seven levels of certification attesting to the specific competencies of professional systems engineering or related to the world of development.The first level is common to both paths and – chosen on the basis of an examination – is the first step down the path towards the ‘system or development-oriented.
• Microsoft Certified Professional
Microsoft Certified Professional – the first level of the program – is the certification for those who depth knowledge of specific products that is authorized to support, optimizing and customizing the use to better meet the needs of the user and the company. This qualification is obtained by passing 1 exam chosen from those available, based on the prospects for subsequent certification.
Route the Systems
· Microsoft Certified Professional + Internet credentials
This qualification provides the skills useful in the Internet: security, resource management, performance analysis, troubleshooting. These credentials, achievement of which is conditional on the passing of 3 specific tests are an intermediate step toward Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer. Some of the tests are in fact common to both paths.
• Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer
Who gets this certification – having reached a high level of expertise in Microsoft BackOffice ® – can design, implement and support information systems based on these products. This qualification is obtained by passing exams in 6 choice among the options provided by the path.
• Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer + Internet credentials
This level of certification prepares the definition, implementation and support of solutions based on Internet and Intranet networks (including issues of safety, database management and messaging), in addition to the creation of Web sites to achieve these credentials must exceed 3 additional tests – compared to those provided in the standard path required Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer.
• Microsoft Certified Professional + Site Building credentials
This qualification provides the skills to plan, develop and manage complex websites, database and integrated with the latest multimedia technology. Designed specifically for those who design and implement Web pages, involves passing 2 specific tests.
• Microsoft Certified Solution Developer
The Microsoft Certified Solution Developer knows the architecture of operating systems, languages and Microsoft development tools, and is therefore qualified to perform the requirements analysis, the choice of the most suitable instruments and the actual development of the solution. The Microsoft Certified Solution Developer is able to carry out complex development projects to integration of technologies Internet / Intranet solutions multitier, distributed and COM-based. The MCSD qualification is obtained by passing 4 exams.
• Microsoft Certified Trainer
A further level of certification, independent of the two previous routes, it is the Microsoft Certified Trainer – MCT teacher who can operate at the Microsoft Certified Technical Education Center (CTEC). An MCT is qualified to provide formal training on Microsoft products, has specific technical skills, aptitude for teaching and management skills and organization of the support material in the courses. The number of exams to pass to get this qualification varies depending on the course selected.
THE BENEFITS OF MICROSOFT CERTIFICATION
The advantages for professionals who attain certification are:
• the ability to always access to the latest technical information, via a private site (http://www.microsoft.com/mcp) exclusively dedicated to the Microsoft Certified Professional (at all levels). In this area you will find the MCP TechNet, MSDN, the “Certification Update” and all listings of special events of interest to them;
• TechNet. One year free subscription to the Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer;
• Microsoft Developer Network. One year free subscription to MSDN Level I for the Microsoft Certified Solution Developer;
• Microsoft Beta Evaluation Program. One year free subscription to the program to receive the Beta of Microsoft products (for MCSD and MCSE);
• logo Microsoft Certified Professional to identify and recognize the status of Microsoft Certified Professional in front of colleagues and clients;
• the recognition of experience and technical capacity to implement and support solutions built with Microsoft products, through international certification;
• a magazine designed specifically for the Microsoft Certified Professional;
• invitations to conferences, congresses and special events.
HOW TO GET THE STATUS OF MICROSOFT CERTIFIED PROFESSIONAL
• The certification is for the version of the product and does not require any annual review.
• The exams are challenging and based on real problems and real situations, so that candidates must seriously study before the test.
• If necessary, the tests may be repeated. Who do not pass an exam, can compare the score-reporting, received at the end of the examination, with the help topics of preparation, to identify areas that require improvement.
• At the Microsoft Certified Technical Education Center (CTEC), you can attend the courses officially released by Microsoft that having objectives corresponding to those of the exams, are used to prepare the specific topic chosen.
• Microsoft Press ® has in its catalog texts and other teaching materials (Training Kit) for self-training.
• The exams are managed by Sylvan Prometric, an independent company, in more than 600 authorized service centers throughout the world.
• Microsoft has created the Education and Certification Roadmap (Guide to Training and Certification) in which the candidate can find detailed information on how to take exams and on all the options available to prepare properly. They also include some self-assessment test to help you test your preparation before taking the certification exam.
• Once you have identified the exam you want to sit by consulting the Microsoft Education and Certification Roadmap, you can enroll in one of the sessions by calling toll of Sylvan Parametric